Monday, June 23, 2014

June 9th

It's all gravy baby!! :)






Allllrriiggghhhtttyyy then! :) so this was one of our best weeks in Baxley Georgia!! We had a bunch of lessons! :) We got members to come out with us and members make such a big difference!! Their testimony strengthens the lesson tenfold!! :) We brought Brother Beverly with us this last week twice! What a swell guy! Very cool story about him, is that he can't read (not a lot of people can read down here). He was sharing this story with a person we met. "I can't read. you could put me in front of the Bible and I can read a couple of words here and there and same with the book of Mormon. But Paul (a member who moved away recently) gave me CDs that read it for me as I follow along. and I got to the point that I can read the Book Of Mormon without the CD's! " This man who can't read the newspaper, was given the ability to read the Book Of Mormon and parts of the Bible now with the grace and power of God :) It was just so reassuring to hear that from him!
 
I talked this last week in Sacrament meeting. Very difficult without 24/7 access to LDS.org and stuff. hahaha. I talked about 2 prophets in particular. Noah and Enoch! Noah preached repentance to people and they didn't listen and they all died. Enoch did the same. He preached repentance to people, but these people listened, and became so righteous that God took the entire city into Heaven, cause they were of one heart and one mind. Great stories :) I compared it to now, how we have a prophet on the Earth today, preaching the same thing the prophets of old did. We need to listen to their words and hearken and act upon their words if we plan on living with God again :)

We hosted a blood drive at our chapel, for a member, Jerry Branch... He's in the hospital in Savannah, with Leukemia. It's a very sad story that I don't have or remember all the details. But it was looking really bad for a while.. We had a branch fast, and this blood drive, and the doctors are now saying he's got a 60% ish of living now. Which is improving.
 
I don't know if I drank something weird. But I've been having the CRAZIEST dreams lately. It's been hysterical truly. But it was a really good week :) I love the people here. It's a pretty hard area. There are over 250 different churches in our area, and not a single one of them is The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! So it's pretty hard to get people to drive 20-30 minutes away to come to church for 3 hours, when they can go in their backyard and start a church (some people do) or walk 2 minutes and go to church for 45 minutes. So it's actually a pretty difficult area. But It is progressing I feel like :) President Hester (branch president) gave Elder Hatch and I the idea to fast for the area's progression like Alma the younger did for his area. haha :) so we tried it out and it must have worked, cause We got someone to church :) Her name is Deedee. We've been teaching her for about a month and she hasn't really made any commitments, but she came to church! She enjoyed it too!  That's the extent to my week I believe :) Have a fantastic week and I love you all! Find people to write me cause I'm lonely and bored on P-days :(
 
Love much, Jacob :)

No comments:

Post a Comment