Monday, June 23, 2014

June 16, 2014

I can't believe I've been in Baxley for 5 weeks already! This has been probably the fastest transfer for me! Mainly because we're striving to always be effective and busy! I love it :) But  A LOT happened this week :)
 
For instance? There was 3 tornadoes in Baxley this week, 1 was just a mile and a half away from our house! But it was so tiny that no house got hit. BUT STILL... A TORNADO!! haha :) That storm was crazy! We got home at like 9:20 (driving home surrounded by huge lightning strikes) and our power was out.. So we got our CD player, some Christmas music, and listened to it, drinking chocolate milk, and sat on the back porch and watched all the lightning surround us :) It was a beautiful experience :)
 
Lol, this isn't as cool.. but we ran out of milk, and we're out of food pretty much except for cereal. and no milk. so we go to "The Girl Next Door." Who's a total "Georgia Peach". Hahaha. But we asked her for some milk. It was just funny to me :)
 
But one of our potentials, Ruth Walters, her house set fire!! This house is massive! It even has an elevator! But we went over on Saturday and helped her move things around and throw stuff away. It was really sad. We only helped for a couple hours or so, but they were so appreciative and awesome :)
 
But after that, we got home and shower and change and all that jazz, and to save miles, we decide to go bike around and try to talk to people on the street, and we were doing so good!! We had a lesson with someone on the street, and like 6 contacts in like 15 minutes!! just awesome, and we head over to GoodWill to contact more people.. and maybe buy a tie or two or whatever :) but we got like.. not even 10 feet from GoodWill... and my tire pops.. I can't help but just laugh. but when my tire is stopped leaking I still heard some air leaking, I look at Elder Hatch and say "Dude, I think your tire popped too." He's all "Nah, that was just yours." "No man, I promise it's yours." I grab his tire and it's popped as well!! Hahaha. So we end up walking home for 2.5 miles. It took us almost an hour! Flippin ridiculous :P We were walking home and we felt so defeated.. cause we have no money to fix our tires either! hhahaha so we'll be walking or driving everywhere!! SO just wish us luck :D haha
 
OH! Ok, this is probably the highlight of the week. Reggie, an excommunicated member who is more faithful than most members, comes out to teach with us. and we ran out of people to go see and he's all "We could go see my friend Evelyn" So we go talk to her (this is a couple weeks ago) and we've been going back to teach her every week. She's the most sweetest and cutest thing in the world!! She has a problem that makes it so her body can't absorb almost any Vitamin D and her bones are so very brittle. She can't lift her head up and down and she stays in a wheel chair. She's just so... amazing. I've given her a blessing, Which was one of the most heartfelt blessings I've given. and she's feeling tons better. But yeah, I love her so much! but we pull up to church yesterday, feeling defeated cause no one was going to be at church, and we see Reggie pushing someone in a wheel chair, and it was Evelyn!! We were just awe-struck! She loved church too! She was participating in sunday school and everything :) just a great Sunday :))
 
In Sunday school, I was in super deep thought... We were learning about the Life of Jesus Christ, and I was super quiet the entire time. But I was reading and listening deeply. I had found this scripture which I'm sure is my absolutely new favourite scripture. John 15:13-16
"13 Greater love‍ hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life‍ for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command‍ you.
 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard‍ of my Father I have made known‍ unto you.
 16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen‍ you, and ordained‍ you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that‍ your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."
It just hit me really hard out of nowhere.
I just love Jesus Christ so much. We went over to Russ's house again (We go over every Sunday) and we watched Bible Videos about the life of Jesus Christ and this death and resurrection :) I almost started crying. Hahah. It was just such a good day yesterday :)
 
I know that Jesus Christ died for all of us. He suffered and bled for each and everyone of us. He was hung on the cross. But more importantly, than all of that, he rose again. He came back from the dead, resurrected. So that we may be resurrected as well to live with Him and Our Father AGAIN. So we may have eternal joy :) and everlasting peace :)

I love you all so much :) I miss you all. I hope y'all are making right decisions and I Hope y'all miss me a lot as well :) hahah
 
Love always, Jacob :)

No comments:

Post a Comment