Saturday, June 7, 2014

June 2, 2014

Crashed my bike! hahaha. I hit a trashcan and I flipped over the handlebars, I landed on my elbow and realized I would get hurt doing that so I maneuvered so I would land on my helmet so i didn't get hurt :) it worked surprisingly haha. the bike is okay too! but that's not the worst story about the bike. So we were on exchanges, I was with Elder Hunsaker, and Elder and  Sister Foster (senior couple) and they were giving us a ride to our appointments cause we were out of miles. well, something came up so they had to go back to McCrae, so we had them drop us off at our apartment and it was about 4:30. We looked at our planner, and we had an appointment at 6. I looked on the map... IT WAS 11 MILES AWAY. I was pretty upset... So.. we started biking. haha, We got there at like 4:40 ish, but when we got there, they weren't even there!! can you believe that?! but their son was there and we taught him the first lesson. he really liked it all :) we'd teach him more but he leaves for the Army on June 11th.
we had interviews with President Cottle on Saturday, and since we didn't have miles, we got a ride to McCrae and had the McCrae elders give us a ride there. but we get back from interviews and all that, we got dressed to do service in McCrae, and Elder Hatch locks the apartment door cause he thinks everyone is done. BUT, he locked the keys and phone inside the apartment.. So that was fun. Lol.

We got a ride from the Fosters to take us back to Baxley, and when we get to our apartment door and the Fosters have driven off... elder Hatch mumbles "Uhm.. I forgot the keys." !! So we were locked out of our own apartment for 1 hour. We had to have the landlord come and unlock it. Within 5 minutes of us getting inside it starts pouring rain. The streets were flooded pretty bad. and it was recorded that within 1 hour there was about 280 strikes of lightning. It was really crazy, but very beautiful at the same time. Wish I had taken pictures of the lightning. 

The Branch is so tiny! It's so different to me! I'm used to a fair sized ward where you only talk once like every 6-8 months! I've been here for 3 weeks and I'm talking next Sunday in Sacrament meeting! I get to speak on following the prophet, so it shouldn't be too hard. I just hate public speaking with a passion. But I did bear my testimony yesterday. :) It was a really good meeting! I really enjoyed it! The only downfall here, is that one of the sister Missionaries reminds me of a close friend I had back home and that makes me trunky. The way she talks, looks, acts, her attitude, everything. hahaha. I complain to elder Hatch about it every day. Elder Hatch is the best! he's such a good example! He's always trying to find ways to improve and he loves everyone! 

In my testimony, I shared the thought I've been thinking about lately about a blacksmith. When a Blacksmith is making a sword, he gets it really really hot and then puts it on an anvil and gets a hammer and beats the crud out of it and whacks it! I shared my thoughts on how I feel like I've been beaten and whacked a lot. But when a blacksmith is done, he picks up the sword and looks at it. he'll know it's done when he sees his own reflection in the sword. Heavenly Father is our blacksmith and we are his sword! He's going to let us have our trials, but when it comes down to it, when we're finished, He should see His reflection in us. and others should see that we are His sword with His reflection when they look at us! and then I shared the scripture Doctrine and Covenants 24:8 (I'm paraphrasing) "Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many, but endure them, for lo, I am with the, even until the end of thy days." This scripture has meant a lot to me on my mission cause I memorized it and then a week later it was quoted in General Conference several times. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ want to be with us. We just have to open the door. He's already suffered for us. We need to do our part and follow his commandments and He will make all things easy. Cause through Him, ALL things are possible :)

Our main investigator, Russ, told us yesterday "Guys.. I'm really thinking about being baptized soon. Who do I talk to to get that rolling?"  We were in awe! we were like "US! TALK TO US!" hahaha, it was really cool cause he's been taking lessons for like 3 years or something like that :) but I've come to love the people of Baxley, mostly. They're really loving and caring. And everyone likes to talk about Jesus! hahaha. That's really the best part about the South!! you just have to say "Hey, y'all wanna talk and learn about our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ?!" and every one likes it :) but there are a lot of different faiths and religions that are reallllllyyyy out of wack. hahaha. I'll leave it at that. but these peeps be CRAAAAZZYYYY .

That's really all. I loveyou :) Live long and prosper.!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment