Sunday, January 5, 2014

Saturday P day??!!! WHAT??!?!?!?!?!

I was at work yesterday and my phone kept dinging to me that I was getting emails,, I didn't think anything of it. I get a lot of emails from coupon places offering me this or that..  so I just ignored it until I was able to take a break and go through them,,,, when I finally got a few minutes and sat down I had THREE emails from Jake!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!  I call Todd and tell him, (very sad that I have missed "chatting with Jake" via email) and it dawns on Todd that because Jake flies out on Monday, he gets saturday for a p-day,,,, Here is his email....

Dang!! I leave for Georgia on Monday!! (when I would normally email but I leave at 4 am so I have time now) I am SOOOO excited!! This past week especially has been very uplifting and inspiring :)
I've had this "investigator" for the past 2 weeks and it's been very difficult. He's a strong baptist and not to open. But LONG STORY SHORT...... We have him committed to get baptized in 2 weeks!! It was just a roleplay with our teacher, but we're the first companionship to get a baptismal date!! So I got super happy about that :)
And from Monday, we started teaching this girl named Kya. She's straight from Russia. She's Russian Orthodox and very VERY closed minded.. The very first lesson, we read the first paragraph of the Intro of the Book of Mormon and she yells "this is blasphemy!" My companion and I froze up. We had NO idea what to say. Hahaha. She thought it was fictional and blasphemy. Well yesterday was our last day teaching her and we left her a Book of Mormon to read. She actually started to seem interested in it. So that's good :)
Flipping heck. I had to get 3 shots!! I wanted to say no but they are 'required'. Pfft. Bull crap. I don't want little doses of diseases that could potentially kill me floating around in my body. I'm not about that life. I'm not okay with that...!
I ran into Breanne Parker! She's my cousins sister! (hard to explain) but it was really awesome! weird I couldn't hug her. haha, but she's going to Australia!! :) I'm so proud of her!! The Spirit is SO strong here.
I've been apart of about 4 or 5 blessings!! It's crazy how much trust and faith we have in one another. I'm really gonna miss all the Elders and Sisters in my district :(
Send me pictures that I can fit in my photo album! just a regular sized photo :) I want to fill it up by the time i'm done :)
I love you all so much and miss you like CRAZY!!
Love tons, Elder Johnson. xoxoxo

3rd Nephi 27: 7-10"Therefore, whatsoever ye shall do, ye shall do it in my name; therefore ye shall call the church in my name; and ye shall call upon the Father in my name that he will bless the church for my sake. And how be it my church save it shall be called in my name? For if a church be called in Moses' name then it be Moses' church; or if it be called in the name of a man then it be the church of a man; but if it be called in my name then it is my church, if it so be that they are built upon my gospel. Verily I say unto you, that ye are built upon my gospel; therefore ye shall call upon whatsoever things ye do call, in my name; therefore if ye call upon the Father, for the church, if it be in my name the Father will hear you; And if it so be that the church is built upon my gospel then will the Father show forth his own works in it"

love getting his emails.... I love how excited he is to get out in the field!!!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment