Saturday, January 11, 2014

The best surprise!

Jake left the MTC on January 6th. Which meant we got a phone call from the airport! I was sooo excited! Never have I gone two weeks without talking to any of my three kids that I brought into this world! So these last few weeks have been super hard on me.  The only problem was, in his last email, he said he was "headed to Georgia at 4 am!" . that was it, no other information. No other details.  *sigh*  was he leaving the MTC at 4 am, was that when his flight left?  I knew nothing!  So I set my alarm for 1 am, I could NOT miss his phone call, and I have slept through others calling me when I am as tired as I have been lately, no way was I missing this!

About 3 am PST, I started to get a little worried, hadn't heard anything, and I flopped on our bed, Todd rolls over and asks what's wrong and I start to whine.. "he's not going to call, he won't get there on time, he's gonna call Aubree, TODDDDDDDDD  he HASSSSSS to call meeeeeeeeee!"

Todd is really good about calming my nerves and just letting me vent/whine.  So, bless his heart he got up and came out to the living room with me to wait.  Didn't really help though.

FINALLY, as I am getting ready to leave for work at 5:15 am, my cell phone rings,,

You seriously would've thought a bomb went off the way I jumped.  I grab my phone and yell at todd, shut up,, shhhhhhhh *he wasn't saying anything* lol  And I answer the phone this way.......

"HELLO, HELLO!,  JAKE, JACOB, ARE YOU THERE? OMGOSH HOW ARE YOU? HELLO?"

pause..............................

I hear chuckling in the phone  "Hi mummy!!!  are you ok??"

In part of our conversation I mentioned to him that I had sent him his camera that he got for Christmas last year, I managed to figure out how to get it working again, and could he send back the camera he took with him please.  he pauses and says "mummy, how do I do that?"
me: put it in a padded envelope and mail it bud
him: what's a padded envelope?  SERIOUSLY? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THIS BOY WILL LAST TWO YEARS WITH OUT ME?  he was saying all the elders in the MTC were up at 2 am packing, all of them were saying they wished their mom's were there to pack for them because they didnt have a clue what they were doing!  OIY!!!!

*Happy sigh*  he called! he really loves me!  *I'm a really pathetic mother!*  We got to talk to him for 22 minutes!  WHAT BLISS! what complete awesomeness!!  The hardest thing was hanging up and  knowing that I now have to wait 5 months to hear his sweet voice again! *insert tears here*

Yesterday I was able to go to St George and spend time with our oldest, Kenzie, and then spend the afternoon/evening with my bestie and exchange Christmas gifts with her.   Every year we try to give each other the best gift ever,,, and every year we both get stressed out about it, then suddenly it hits us as to what to give the other!

This year, our dear son went behind me back and talked to Jen about making me something special from him,,

here is what he came up with:

first my gift from my bestie,,,,






 AWESOMENESS at it's best!!!
You would think!!!  and then this.........

Reading a hand written note from Jake....


a rear view window charm for my car with my boy on it, and his mission and Missionary Mum

Took this off and added it to my heart that I got from Jake and Todd for Christmas



Seriously!!!  I have the best family and friends!!!! I  can't wait to email him and tell him I got it!! I absolutely love it and will treasure it forever!!!!  Thanks Elder Johnson and Jen!! You guys rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment