Monday, January 27, 2014

Still in Grovetown!!

Oh man, this week was a blast! Way Better than last week.

My Companion, Elder Blain, tried to do the Gallon Challenge. It's when you drink a gallon of milk in less than an hour and you can't puke. He drank it all down to literally, just one cup of milk left, and then he spewed everywhere x) It was Disgusting!!

Knocking on doors almost every day. it's getting really old really fast. it's not productive. It's very discouraging. Ugh. Cause no one is interested or they say, "Sure, come back tomorrow at 2." and when we come, they aren't home. 
also, people will be like "No, not right now." So politely I ask "Is there a better time we can come back" and they say "No, not right now." I just wanna yell, "I DIDN'T SAY RIGHT NOW, I ASKED FOR A BETTER TIME." Or, they yell through the blinds before we can say Hi, "NO THANKS"
Anyways...

Elder Shelton, an elder who lives with me, asked me if I have ADHD cause we were in a car ride and I could not sit still to save my life. he made me think that i had ADHD. lol It was so flipping weird.

A family in our ward fed all of us the other night and i felt right at home. They're all weird and random. I said in my head "Holy crap. It's my family" LOL :D but one of the guys there served a mission in Calgary so it was awesome talking about Canada!! Talking about Timbits and Snow. I loved it!! and of course they all wanted me to talk in my 'canadian accent' so I did. and they all died laughing XD
So I'm gonna start talking in my 'canadian accent' all the time so people don't know what I'm talking aboot. ;)

Mike and Allonah are two of our investigators who are getting baptized on February 15th! I was feeling iffy if they were gonna stick to it for some reason, but this last lesson we had with them on Friday, they were talking about how they're talking to their parents about it and all their friends!! :) So I'm feeling really good about it now! :)

Kaylee, an 11 year old who we teach, just committed to baptism on February 22 also!! So This next month is looking really good! :) I'm so excited for it!!

There's a guy in the ward who owns a part of little ceasers and owns all the stores in the general area, so we get free whatever we want from there always :)) pizza, cheese bread, pop. everything. free :)

This man we knocked into this last week, we ended up talking to him for like an hour and we taught him one lesson, but he wasn't fully understanding it. But he took us on a tour of his whole house and shared his life story. and he looked at me and said.. "Wow, you truly have the smile of God on your face" :)

I think that's all I have for now!! :) Until next week!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! <3

xoxo.
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment