Saturday, February 22, 2014

OH THIS BOY is gonna be the death of me!

*EDITORS NOTE, Parents can no longer be held accountable for things their adult children say, especially while not in the presence of said parents, when the appropriate *back of head slap* can not be given*

Richard Jacob Johnson

Feb 17 (5 days ago)


Oh my gosh. Ohkay. This last week was crazy. Ice storm, blizzard, earthquakes, power outages. I don't know what to expect next...!! like really. Georgia is worse than a woman on her period.. 

There was a huge ice storm down here and we had to stay inside for 2 days. I was SOOO BORED :( I read my scriptures and elder Tolhurst taught me how to play Magic.. xD hahahaha!! It's really weird. But I took a couple pictures and videos and y'all will get them this weekend. I'll send my SD card home this next week and Mum will upload pictures to Facebook or the blog or whatever :) 

But this week was full! Not with lessons, but with service! On Thursday, Elder Blain, Tolhurst, Shelton and I drove around to see if anyone needed help with tree removal. Cause the Ice storm froze all the trees and SO many branches and trees fell down into peoples houses, power lines, cars, everywhere. It was really sad. I wish I took more pictures. But on this last Saturday, we took place with the "Mormon Helping Hands" service project! It was a blast :) (I forgot my camera though...) But we were assigned to help out 2 addresses with horrific trees everywhere. So we did do that, but we ended up helping 4 houses. We started at 9 AM and ended at 6PM... There was this HUGE oak tree that split into 2 different ways. This was probably the biggest tree I've seen. Literally.. It was just crazy.  BUT ALANNAH and her husband Rick were there and they helped as well!! IT was AWESOME to see that she is already counting herself as a Mormon ;D They were more than happy to help! 

Kaylee, the 11 year old we teach, is also getting baptized! She asked me to do it as well! :) So I'll be baptizing Mike and Kaylee this Saturday!! :)) I am SOOOO EXCITED :)) I can't even put it in words!! All 3 of them are just as excited as I am :)

That's all for this week :) Love you all so much! :)

Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment