Monday, February 24, 2014

BAPTISMS!!!!!

This week was a blast!! Wow! Okay, so first off, as you all know, I had 3 baptisms this week and I baptized 2 of them :) So Elder Blain and I go to the church to set the room up and start filling the baptismal font. and we put the hottest water that we could in... only 56 degrees... Now this font takes an hour to fill up. We ran that 56 degree water for 45 minutes before we could get the water heater fixed. So by the time we started the baptisms, it was at 51 degrees.... MAN! It was flipping cold!!! I'll definitely remember it though!
Lol, I baptized Kaylee first, and right as she went under she yelped "Oh my Go-" and she said I didn't let her finish ;) But it's alright cause that was washed away right after :))
Then I baptized Mike next, and he was SHIVERING. HAHA :D It was just so fun!! 
Then Rick (Alannah's Husband) baptized Alannah :) It was just so perfect :) 

Then yesterday, right before church, Alannah asked if I would confirm her. and I almost panicked. lol I didn't know how to do it! But it was just so.. spiritual. I'm glad she asked me and I was able to feel the Spirit so strong. :))
Elder Blain and I made cupcakes for Alannah cause it was also her birthday on Sunday, and we knock on the door and Mike answers (He lives there with Rick and Alannah) and it was a blessing cause we wanted to sneak in and try to find candles. But there were none, so we used a bamboo skewer and lit those on fire and stuck them in the cupcakes. lol. Then Mike called Alannah to come down into the kitchen and we sang to her! haha :) it was a blast. 
Then we sit down and talk about Church and how they liked it and Alannah said that in her dream the night before she dreamed that I was confirming her and that that was what needed to happen. It was really an awesome experience. and I'm so glad she had that impression to have me do it :)

Earlier this week too, Rick invited us over to teach us how to clear a room Army Style. Like legitimately like how he used to do it in Iraq and Afghanistan!! He had us wear his old vest and everything. I had the biggest one on that weighed about 45 pounds. Oh man it gets heavy after a while. Hahaha especially going up stairs backwards to guard the rear! lol But Mike was hidden in the house with an air soft gun so we had to clear the entire house :) and it's a fair sized house :)

Elder Blain and I went tracting a bit this week and the first house we knocked on we asked if they needed help (after she rejected us) and she said Oh yeah come to the back!! (In a broken english, she was full korean or something) but she had a couple branches that had fallen from the ice storm in her back yard and we asked if we could help and she said "oh no! you too handsome to get dirty!" then we said that they are our work clothes and she said.. "Well at least take your pants off" LOL Elder Blain and I were about to pee our pants from laughing so hard. But we ended up helping her (WITH OUR PANTS ON) lol :)

Elder Blain and I are going on exchanges tomorrow! So I am gonna be the Senior Companion and i'll be in charge for a day. lol that's gonna be fun I guess :)

But this last week, the best thing I had to eat was Roast Beef on a bun and some Potato Salad :)

That's all I can think of right now :) I love you all so much! Remember what your standards are. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment