Thursday, December 19, 2013

Droping off the Missionary

This is where I will post all of Jacob's letters and correspondence to us for the next two years!!  I thought I would post some pics of the last couple days as we haven't heard from him yet,, we just dropped him off yesterday! LOL  Although hearing from him would do this mom good! Just sayin'!!

They really need a missionary mom prep class! And in it, whomever is teaching  needs to express clearly that we, as moms, need to be prepared to have our hearts ripped violently from our chest, shredded into a million tiny pieces, and then thrust back into our chest and left to heal.  That about sums up how I felt yesterday.  There is no place I would rather Jacob be right at this moment in his life than serving his Heavenly Father. It certainly doesnt make it any easier to watch him walk away!

As I was driving home to Henderson last night, I prayed the entire 6 hours.  "please Lord, watch over him.. keep him safe, bring him home to me! PLEASE!"  and the thought came to me,, I wonder if that is how our Heavenly Father feels as He sends each of His precious spirits to our care for their mortal lives... "Please dear daughter (and son) please watch over him, keep him safe.. bring him home to me, PLEASE!"

Just a thought........







No comments:

Post a Comment