Wednesday, September 3, 2014

August 24,2014

​What a fantastic week, guys!! First off. I ALMOST DIED!! literally!! I don't think i've ever been scared so bad. Biking. using Elder Yeagers bike (with no brakes at all) and going down a HUGE hill. So i'm picking up quite a bit of speed, right? We have to make a super sharp right turn so I go over to the left side of the road to try to fly over into the turn. and you know how there are those metal pole thingies that you have to go in and out of apartment complexes? well the entrance one is always open and the exit only opens from the inside. Elder Kobbah makes it into the entrance and looks back to make sure I make it as well. Well I make it, but I go into the exit lane. With the metal bar right in front of me. TIME. SLOWED. DOWN. I realized, I can either bail out or go flying. I look left and it was a SUPER sharp plant. Almost like a cactus. on the right, a generator. I decided to go flying, and right at that moment I screamed and the metal bar went flying! It came off the generator and the bar went flying. I still couldn't stop cause it was downhill. So I had to ride back up the hill to get to Elder Kobbah. and by this time we're both just busting up laughing. I don't know how it had happened, cause the handle bars weren't high enough to hit the bar, so it just flew off right before I hit it or something. Definitely the Lord's hand in that moment. What a tender mercy!!
 
it was a good topic for the entire week :) but that day I got a new bike! Elder Belliston, a missionary in the zone went home this week and gave his bike to Elder Nielson and Elder Nielson gave me his old bike :) what a blessing :)
 
but i am tired of biking. I sweath through 2 to 3 shirts a day, and I only have like 5 or 6 white shirts. So I do laundry 2 or 3 times a week. It's horrible.
 
We had Zone Conference with elder Kapishka from the 70's. really cool. he taught me a lot. so did President and Sister Cottle :) just such an inspired meeting! I saw Elder Hatch there too. I loved it! he makes me happy :) love it here :)
 
that's really about it :) i love y'all! :)
 
love Jacob :)

No comments:

Post a Comment