Thursday, July 10, 2014

June 30th, 2014

Dangggg.
 Okay, so Elder Hatch got transferred to Hinesville as a zone leader over the Savannah West Zone. Crazy. haha :) my new companion is Elder Hooper! What a swell guy. He's a bit uptight. But man is he diligent and hardworking. He is always in a rush and trying to talk to as many people as possible. He is almost done with his mission. He's only got 2 transfers left! he goes home is September! crazy. He's had it pretty hard. His mum died of cancer back in December. He told me that that's one reason why he works so hard, is cause he wants to help as many people as he can while they're still here before they pass on. He's super optimistic. We spent a couple hours sorting out the area and map. Now it's almost ready. We plan to knock most of our area in the next couple months. we've been knocking here this last week like crazy. Talking to everyone. Getting new investigators and starting to be effective missionaries, not just busy :)
 
BUT, the highlight of my week? Saturday. we got a call on Saturday morning from the sister missionaries. Saying, "Elder Johnson, Cindy wants you to baptize her tonight!" I'm all.. "Whhhaaaaa-?!" Cindy is a lady that the sisters have been teaching for about a month or two, and I've only met her a couple of times and talked to her at church :) but it was just amazing! she was so sweet. and then I got to stand in during her confirmation. Very fun experience :)
 
I've found my motto of what I want to focus my mission on :) "Come forth into the light" :) I just want to help people do just that!! I want the m to expel all darkness in their lives and come forth into the light :)
 
Most of our appointments this week have fallen through so we've been knocking a lot. I'm not the biggest fan of it. but that's mainly cause of the gnats here! They're so irritable. haha.
 
Elder Hooper and I are determined to get ripped this transfer! we have a picture of Arnold Swartczenegger I snatched from a magazine, we laminated it and we have it next to our workout station. haha we're going today to buy a bunch of healthy foods. I'm tired of being fat I decided. hahaha but wish me luck with everything :)
 
I love you so much :) Keep in touch <3
 
Jacob :)
or Elder Johnson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment